Strengthening community capacity and resilience
We are able to assist communities across Australia to build local capacity to:
- coordinate and respond to the needs of individuals, families and their communities when a suicide or other traumatic incident occurs
- provide bereavement through-care support to families and strengthen their access to coordinated care, and
- identify and implement local suicide prevention and postvention activities to build the capacity of families and communities to prevent and better respond to traumatic incidents.
The communities we will work with:
- have historical or emerging high suicide rates
- are where we are providing support to families affected by suicide, and
- are communities who have identified it as a priority to strengthen postvention support or work to reduce levels of suicide.