Indigenous Suicide Postvention Advocate ($60,000 - $79,999 pa plus super and salary packaging)
Location: Western Australia and Victoria
About Thirrili Limited
Thirrili Ltd (Thirrili) delivers the Indigenous Suicide Postvention Service across Australia and has taken a national leadership role in the provision of suicide postvention support and assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities.
Thirrili employs a dedicated team of professionals to provide support across all states and territories in Australia. We are an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation, with Indigenous Board and Executive & Leadership team.
The Indigenous Postvention Service Advocate will act as a local response contact point for critical incident needs. As required, leads local critical responses to suicide events, trauma or circumstances that could trigger suicide or other traumatic events by the provision of practical support to individuals, families and communities, and support colleagues attending incidents with them. ???
The deep connection Advocates have within communities ensures they deliver culturally responsive services to clients. Advocates have strong understanding of community engagement and capacity building, working within a community capacity building approach to enhance stakeholder relationships and develop and maintaining connections with other relevant service providers and referral partners.
- Must have current driver's licence
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a WWCC
- Hold relevant experience and/or qualifications in strengthening the health and social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- You are able to demonstrate and provide statements addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
Benefits of Working with Us
- Ability to deliver culturally responsive services to clients in Community
- Extensive salary packaging opportunities for all employees.
- We support our Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander staff with Cultural and Ceremonial Leave, as well as annual leave and personal leave.
Being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is mandatory as it is a genuine occupational requirement for this position. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth).
If you have any questions, please email jobs@Thirrili.com.au or call 0438 554 435 if you have any recruitment questions. Please include in your application a Thirrili application coversheet, a covering letter detailing your skills and experience as they relate to the position, and a copy of your Resume.