Policy & Governance Coordinator
($89,194 - $99,060 + Super & Salary Packaging Full time )
Location: Any Major City
About Thirrili Limited
Thirrili Ltd (Thirrili) delivers the Indigenous Suicide Postvention Service across Australia and has taken a national leadership role in the provision of suicide postvention support and assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities.
Thirrili employs a dedicated team of professionals to provide support across all states and territories in Australia. We are an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation, with Indigenous Board and Executive & Leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Policy and Governance Coordinator role, oversees the Policy and Governance components of the organisation, including Board secretariat support and governance. This position works closely with the Executive Assistant role to ensure the smooth running of the Chief Executive Officer’s office; and also works closely with the CEO and Chairperson to provide Board support administrative responsibilities that includes scheduling and preparing for meetings, taking minutes, composing and preparing correspondence. The position is also responsible for a continuous quality improvement focus on the development, review, monitoring and implementation of organisational policies and procedures.
Relevant Qualifications and Work Experience
- Relevant experience and/or qualifications in office administration (i.e. Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree)
- Experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities or in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health or community organisations, would be advantageous.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working in confidential and sensitive roles and handling sensitive, in-confidence information.
- Experience in research and supporting tender and submission development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with government, agency, community, and other external and internal stakeholders.
- Uses own initiative to solve problems and achieve results in a team environment.
- A genuine commitment to act in accordance with service’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working with Us
Extensive salary packaging opportunities for all employees.
We support our Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander staff with Cultural and Ceremonial Leave, as well as annual leave and personal leave.
Note: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, please email jobs@Thirrili.com.au or call 0438 554 435 if you have any recruitment questions. Please include in your application a Thirrili application coversheet, a covering letter detailing your skills and experience as they relate to the position, and a copy of your Resume.