Supporting our people and communities to stem suicide and trauma
Our values include:
- providing respectful and responsive support
- working in trauma informed and culturally safe ways
- honesty and integrity in our relationships
- working collaboratively with communities, and
- strengthening resilience and wellbeing of communities.
The Principal Purpose of the Company is to contribute to the broader social wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are disadvantaged by:
- reducing the high rates of suicide through designing, delivering and operating a critical response system to help affected individuals and their extended families cope with suicides and traumatic incidents in their community;
- co-ordinating and supporting the provision of social support, practical assistance and advocacy support to affected individuals and their extended families;
- building the capacity of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and service providers to care for and respond to social disadvantage, including suicides and traumatic incidents in their community;
- strengthening individual, family and community resilience and social wellbeing; and
- otherwise assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities who are disadvantaged or otherwise in need of support and relief.